Monday, March 24, 2008

Update on Big Brown Eyes

It´s been over three weeks. The doctors said he was supposed to be dead by now. He was listliss, barely breathing, losing weight, and not eating. All the odds were against him. But God had something else in mind for baby Hector.

Hector appears to be improving. He still has trouble breathing on occassion for which we have to nebulize him, but for the most part he´s doing better. He loves to smile a lot now and coo. I think he´s a little flirt. He is also learning to love bath time by splashing around and smiling. He also does this new thing of folding his hands together like he is going to pray, but still interchanges that motion with his famous ear tugging.

This past week I got to take care of Hector for the night. He is such a precious baby, but a lot of work. He has more medicines than some old people, which have to be given around the clock. Needless to say, I had a tiring night. He would wake up fairly often hungry. I think I got a total of 2 hours sleep that night.

Hector got to spend two nights with us out at 38, away from his nebulization things. I´m hoping that´s a good sign.

Well, this was just a quick little update. Please keep praying for this baby, his parents, and our team that we can make wise choices regarding the care of this precious child.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yeah Kristin— you posted more blogs!

How is your public health going? Are you enjoying your "luxury" stay at the pastors? I miss your comments from glasses! I hope and pray that you have a good week:)

Eat some pizza for me,

~Brittany S.