Thursday, January 10, 2008

Back Home Again In Pucallpa

After spending over 24 hours in airports and losing my luggage in Lima, I am finally back in Pucallpa. Stepping off the plane I was hit with a blast of hot, humid air. It was quite nice after I had spent the last 12 hours freezing!! I got a taxi and went back to Km.38.

After getting settled the first order of business was to work on our public health program more. So Emily and I decided that we were going to spend a few days in town. We stayed at a different hostel than we normally stay in. This hostel was actually cleaner and we got our own bathroom, all for the grand total of $7 USD. The place we normally stay at costs around $3 USD and is tiny, gross, and has rats. So this was a nice change.

Unfortunately, I got sick again. I don't know what in the world is wrong with me. I woke up having diarrhea and by night time I was puking. I feel a little bit better today but just very week. Luckily, my work is just requiring me to sit in front of the computer and do some research. So that's not too bad.

Speaking of work, I suppose I should be getting back to that and stop playing around on the internet. I will update everyone soon with more pics and stuff. Ciao!

No comments: