Monday, October 1, 2007

God is my strength...

Well, our first mini public health campaign came to an end today. I would have to say that this campaign was one of the hardest things I have done. It is not in my nature to go door to door and talk with people. Maybe I had one too many bad Jehovah´s Witnesses experiences (j/k). It´s just not my personality. This made the beginning of the campaign really difficult for me. I almost dreaded every day having to go door to door. I was wondering how in the world I was going to do this for 9 more months. It was even harder that my Spanish isn´t perfect and that my side-kick didn´t even know the simple things. I was at a loss. I then realized that I couldn´t do this by myself in a thousand years. But let me tell you, God is awesome. I don´t know why I didn´t go to him right away. I have the problem of trying to do everything myself. I am too independent at times. However, I was at my breaking point one day and just laid it all out before Him. I prayed for God to give me the strength and the know how to get His work done. I also told Him that I realize that I can´t do any of this alone. After that, I felt peaceful. I made it a daily habit to lay it all before God every morning, cause I need Him every day. The rest of the campaign went a lot better. Granted, it still had its problems, but I was in a better position to deal with them. I don´t know why the easiest solution is always the hardest to realize. But now I know.

1 comment:

KarleighQ said...

Hey Kristin,
This is Carly. I can relate to that feeling! And I have the same kind of instinct to try to do it on my own. Why is it so hard for us to learn that? It seems so simple, yet its so easy to forget that God is our strength. I have really enjoyed reading your blogs, keep the updates coming! You're in my prayers.