Saturday, September 22, 2007

Attack of the Animals





Emily and I were at 38 on a nice afternoon awaiting the arrival of the rest of our crew who were out at another clinic. They came back and one of the first things said to us is as follows, "Guess what? We got a monkey". All I could think was, "Oh great. It´s going to poop over everything." I can´t quite remember the name of the monkey, but I like to call him loving words like : the terror, the rat, fur-ball, or whatever pops into my head. I will admit that he does look cute, but he´s so dirty. He poops and pees everywhere. They put a diaper made out of a sock on him, which does help, but doesn´t completely get rid of the problem...especially when it gets full. Our Rotweiler, Cheva, almost ate him a couple of times. So we´ll see how long this monkey lives. Poor thing.

Another animal story...

I was sitting on my bed packing up my belongings to move to a different house during this public health campaign. The beds where we sleep at Km38 are bunk beds and I am on the bottom bunk. Well, out of the corner of my eye I see a dark blob. I don´t think much of it at first, but then I begin to wonder what it could be. I get a little closer only to realize that there is a bat sleeping in the corner of my bed. I run out to the main room and tell someone. At the same time, I tell Emily and she begins to scream cause she´s up in the top bunk. Well, we all pile out of the room while our other brave SM, David, puts on some gloves and removes the creature. Turns our it was a vampire bat. I´m starting to wonder if maybe I should have gotten that rabies vacination....

The other animals you see in the picture are our doggies. The big scary one´s name is Cheva. She likes to eat sheep, and aspires to one day get the cat and monkey. The other cute dog is Lola. She is just a silly little things that likes to jump and play with the sheep. I need to put a picture up of the cat, Joey. He likes to jump on peoples heads and just chill there for a bit.

3 comments:

Alex said...

I killed a few of them while I was there but it doesn't get rid of them... there will be more. Just as well though - they eat mosquitos

Unknown said...

stay strong guys, i am lovin the blogs, although it makes me homesick everytime! glad to see you are taking good care of lola.
God bless,
Jackson

Unknown said...

Hey! This is Ryan. There is a picture of me on your wall at 38. I'm the bearded guy. Anyways it's great reading the blogs. Take care of Lola. And don't worry about putting pics up of Joey. I don't like that cat :) Jenni will tell ya.