Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Adventist Faux Paus

Well, my day started out like any other. I had my pureed food for breakfast (no time to explain that one), and then we set off to do our public health visits in the community. This is where faux paus number one ocurred. We went to visit one of the houses. We knocked on the door, came in and sat down. There were cups on the table filled with some drink already. They offerred us the drink. So Emily and I were trying to be polite, so we kindly accepted. As the glass came closer to my face I smelled the stench of what only alcoholic drinks have. I didn´t know what to do, I was caught practically mid gulp. I didn´t want to be rude since we were still in the developing relationhips stage of the program. So I thought I would be clever and just take some and spit it back into the cup. However, why were they watching me the whole time? So I ended up swallowing some. It then occurred to me to say that my throat hurt, but thanks for the drink. That seemed to appease them. Later on that day we went into town to do some internet and talk on the phone. We ended up staying a little late and decided to eat lunch there. I, of course, wanted some pizza. So I went to a little pizzeria and order a vegetarian pizza. As I was wolfing down the whole thing I was wondering where all the spicyness of the pizza was coming from. So I lifted up my cheese, lo and behold, the under part of the cheese was layered with pepporoni. At the end of the day I cracked up laughing. Ahh, such is life.

1 comment:

Alex said...

Shame on you... take a look at my comment on Emily's blog