Friday, August 31, 2007

And Then Came the Diarrhea..

Well, I suppose it was bound to happen sooner or later. I didn´t think I would get it so fast, especially while staying in a house. What did I get ? The inevitable diarrhea. I think it´s because we are staying in a dirty house, or possibly it was from the water. Who really knows. Anways, I told the lady we were staying with that my stomach and I didn´t feel too good, so I wasn´t wanting to eat her food. She got this very concerned look on her face and then told me to go to bed and lay down. So I did just that. However, she followed me into the room with some olive oil and two rocks. I was wondering what was going on. She then explained to me about her rock therapy and how people come from miles to receive this rock therapy she has. I figured it wouldn´t hurt, so I conceded. She first prayed a long prayer over me. It was kinda weird. I felt like I was about to be anoited or something. Then she rubbed the olive oil all over my stomach. She said olive oil is better because it has a lower fat content. I don´t know what that has to do with anything since I wasn´t eating it, but I held my tongue. After she was done rubbing it all over my stomach, she put some on the rocks and began to rub that on my stomach. She did this for about 20 minutes. While it felt good, it did not cure anything. I am currently taking Metronidazol for my diarrhea after talking with Jenni and the good doctor. haha. The diarrhea has stopped, but I still feel a little weak. So hopefully my strength returns.