Wednesday, August 8, 2007

This and That





After not getting sick for over a year, I finally got sick. I now have a cold. It sucks. My nose was all stuffy and I was sneezing all the time. My nose is still stuffy, but it´s not as bad. I wish I had brought some cold medicine. I´ve just been toughing this one out. haha.

I got to drive in Campo Verde the other day. It was so fun passing people left and right and honking my horn. I got great enjoyment out of it. The mission has this manual Toyota truck.

I guess I really haven´t explained a typical day for me, so I will. I start out the day waking up at 630. I read a little something for my personal Bible study and then I get up and help cook. We usually have this very liquidy oatmeal. It´s kind of gross, but I´m getting used to it. We then wash dishes and have morning worship. Afterwards, we have been having talks and just organizing everything. We get to have little outings to the market every now and then. We then cook lunch and supper later on in the day. Lunch usually consists of rice with some veggies, supper usually has rice, but with just fruit and popcorn. It´s the lighter meal of the day. I´m kinda getting sick of rice, but I´ll live. The cooking is really tiring. I don´t quite like cooking. haha.

I¨m going to post a few pictures. The first one is a bigger view of the place I´m staying. We stay in the house on the left.
The next one is one of the Peruvian workers with the doctor´s kids. This is how we light the house when it gets dark. It´s like Little House on the Prarie.
The other pictures are of a boa and some sort of big cat we saw en El Parque Natural. It was like a zoo.

No comments: