Friday, August 3, 2007

Descansa








Well, I got to go to another internet cafe. I am grabbing every opportunity I can, cause once everything gets up and started I am not going to have as much accessibility.

La vida en Peru has been good. It has been very relaxing. We are waiting for the other people to get here and then we start orientation next week. It´s kinda nice not having electricity and only using candles. It´s very peaceful and serene. Every night I end up going to bed at like 930, as opposed to like 2AM. I wake up usually around 6AM without an alarm. I LOVE IT! The nights here are so beautiful. I can see so many stars. Who knew they all existed. I don´t have all the punctuation commands figured out so everything is going to end with a period for a bit. haha. Anyways, I can see the Milky Way stretched across the sky. It makes brushing my teeth a really fun experience.

We are spoiled and got a shower and toilet installed yesterday. So I had a shower as opposed to a bucket bath. And now I don´t have to walk to the edge of the jungle to my three walled maggot filled hole to take care of business. hehe. However, I took a shower this morning, and after I was all lathered up with soap I ran out of water. So I ended up having to take a bucket bath. It was okay though. Except for the bee that kept stalking me in the shower.

We went to the market yesterday to buy some vegetables and fruit. It´s kinda cool to go to the market. We don´t have a fridge or anything like that to store food. So we have to go to the market everyday to buy fresh veggies and fruit. I´m sure I´ll eventually get tired of that, but it´s fun for now.

In order to get into town we have to start walking on the highway with the hope that a taxi or moto comes to pick us up. The moto´s are so fun to ride on. They are these motorcycles that pull a cart that you ride in.

I am going to try to upload as many pictures as I can. The ones I loaded are of us girls, our bathroom-shower, and the inside of the house, and the inside of my room. I have the bottom bunk.



I will have more to come later.

1 comment:

emilyRN said...

Wow, you are so brave! There is no way I could do what you are doing!

Love the pictures, keep them coming!