Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Home for the Holidays

I lucked out!!! Not but two days after I left did the white fluffy stuff from the sky start to fall. You would think that my body would be in shock from living in the hot steamy jungles of Peru, but it wasn´t. In fact, I welcomed the cold. Snow is one of God´s little gifts to me. I said a quick thank-you prayer. That snowy Saturday I ended up playing in the snow.

Daddy and I seem to walk in snow storms, and this time was no different. We took a little walk in the bitter cold. It was one of my favorite things I did while I was home.

I really enjoyed the time home with my family. I wasn´t able to be with my family last year for Christmas because I had to work. New nurses get the crappy shifts.

I also got to see a few of my friends and talk on the phone with a lot of them.

I was just so happy and relaxed to be at home. Taking a hot shower was absolute bliss. Putting toilet paper in the toilet was different too. I always felt like I was doing something bad when I did. In Peru you have to put the TP in a trash can or you will mess us the plumbing.

I got to hear Christmas songs, see Christmas lights and decorations, drink hot chocolate, wear coats and sweaters, shop at Bath and Body Works after Christmas sale, celebrate Christmas with my family. I was truely blessed this Christmas.

No comments: